Sunday, August 18, 2013

Our summer getaway

I must say again how thankful I am that the fire was pretty much out when we left yesterday for our summer trip.  I don't think I could have left with a fire blazing behind my house.....


Well, yesterday afternoon we started our journey towards Yellowstone National Park.



We didn't make it there in one day.....partly because of the last start we got yesterday and partly because we wanted to see other places along the way.


Well, we stayed at a nice campground, that I can't remember the name of. 

There were only 4 camp sites taken.  So it was nice and quite and it felt like we were the only ones there.




Then the next morning we awakened to a beautiful golden sunrise.
And we did a little exploring before packing up the car and continuing our journey.

 photo 2013_08_18_zps3d4a79e1.jpg


 photo 2013_08_18b_zpsad0ab4d8.jpg


 photo 2013_08_18c_zps8e730bae.jpg


No comments: