Friday, May 4, 2012

Lights and Action

I can't tell you one specific place that I found directions to make this light table.  I just did a searched and combined things that I like from the different homemade ones that I came across and made my own.

The best part is that I already had the storage type containers at home and they were not being used so they worked perfect for this.

And ALL my kids had tons of fun playing with it.  My oldest even had friends who came over just to see it and feel the 'awesome' water beads.  lol!
Photobucket

And I am thankful that the water beads are non-toxic

And that they were on clearance.  =)

6 comments:

Carolyn (Dragon) said...

I take it that baby Ponyo tried to eat them!

Unknown said...

More info please!

Clammy said...

I took one of those under the bed clear/semi clear storage container and painted the inside of the sides white.

I got some LED lights that attach with some sticky stuff on them and stuck them on the inside of the lid to the storage container.
And that is pretty much it for the light table part.

I have a smaller clear storage box that I add different stuff to for the kids to play with that I set on top of the other container.


If any of that didn't make sense let me know and I'll try to write it better. =)

Clammy said...

And yes, Baby Ponyo did manage to eat one of them. E freaked out when she saw her eat it. The water beads aren't toxic but they do pose a choking hazard so little ones MUST be watched at all times with them.

Arlene said...

That looks way cool!

Kimberly said...

I have been wanting to make one of these for a while!