Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Lemon Bar cookies.

Now when I first made these I left out the lemon zest because I didn't have any lemons and my family still loved it.

I am thankful for cookies that have no eggs in it....then I feel a little better about letting my kids eat the dough.

Photobucket



I got this recipe from sophistamom


chewy lemon snowdrop cookies


1 3/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
pinch of salt
8 tablespoons unsalted butter
zest of 2 lemons
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup agave nectar or honey
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 tablespoons lemon juice
about 1 cup powdered sugar, for coating

1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a medium sized bowl, whisk together flour and salt.  Set aside.
2. In an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together butter, lemon zest, sugar, and agave nectar. Mix until very smooth, about 3 minutes. Scrape down the sides.
3. In a small cup, combine the lemon juice baking soda. With the mixer on low, add in flour mixture and lemon juice mixture. Scrape down sides of bowl with a rubber spatula and mix the dough by hand a few times to ensure an even distribution of the ingredients.
4. Roll the dough into balls, one inch in diameter. Bake for 10-15 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes on the cookie sheets , and then toss in powdered sugar to coat.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Those sound super yummy!

Unknown said...

Send some to me, please.