Friday, June 10, 2011

Summer time fun?

I hate to say it, but I had been planning on having the baby before school got out.

A month before school got out is what I was thinking...well because that is just kinda what happened with my other kids. So I thought that I would have some good time to recover from delivery while the kids would be busy at school.

I came home from the hospital just a few days before the last day of school. So I am finding it challenging to heal without feeling like I am ignoring (don't know if that is the right word I am looking for) my kids.

A 'normal' summer day would have chores, 'school' work, crafts, playing with friends, and maybe even a dip in the pool. Right now they spend almost all morning on the wii or the computer while I try to get myself motivated to get out of bed and get ready for the day.

I almost feel like it is baby steps getting back to me. I am grateful that today I managed to pull out the chalk. Hurray for the simplicty and fun that comes with chalk....especially when you add water to it.

Then it turns into more of something like chalk painting. Something that my kids love to do and it occupies them for quite a while (surprisingly).
Photobucket

2 comments:

Carolyn (Dragon) said...

Fun!

Kimberly said...

You are a good mommy, so don't get down on yourself. I love you!