Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Day 160


With gas pricese so stinkin high, I am trying to cut out any unnecessary driving..... no more 'just because' trips to target or the pet store! =( So we had to find fun ways to entertain ourselves that didn't require going anywhere. Ella and I spent a good amount of time doing 'This little piggy' to Acadia. We also put together a 'I'm bored' jar where if someone is bored they can choose an activity out of the jar and all of the activities are ones that are done at home and with stuff that we already have. And we set up a token system with the computer where the girls have to 'pay' to use the computer with a token and when they run out of tokens then no more computer. The girls are excited about both ideas and I am grateful for that.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Wow, are we on the same wave-length, or what? I do something similar to your token system. We use tickets, though. I love it, and it works great. I was also going to put together a Boredom Buster jar for my kids for this summer. I have the list all ready. I just need to do it. I may have to ask you for some more boredom buster ideas, though, if we run out.

Carolyn (Dragon) said...

Have you made your 'count down' chain yet?