Thursday, August 9, 2012

Tidy time

It's summer and ALL the kids are home almost ALL day long.

I love my kids to death but you can imagine what my house looks like with 4 girls running around.

Polly pockets, Barbies, Little Pet shops, Little People, blocks, puzzles, etc lay scattered around my house.

I can handle their rooms being messy because I don't see them all day long, but when the family room and kitchen get out of hand it can make me crazy.

Photobucket

So today we tried a 2 minute tidy.

I told the kids that it was a race to see how much they could get picked up in 2 minutes.  

It was A-mazing.

They raced around and got EVERYTHING cleaned up!  I think they even had a few seconds to spare.

I think I must try this more often.  =)

I am thankful for things that motivate.

3 comments:

Carolyn (Dragon) said...

turning something they really don't want to do into a contest works well, most of the time.

Arlene said...

sweet!

Kimberly said...

Isn't amazing how much kids can get cleaned up when we do stuff like this?! And when I don't do this, they just drag it out for soooooooo long.