Friday, July 23, 2010

Backyard camping

Photobucket

After a week of begging, I finally dragged out the tent (a 2 man tent - seeing how our family-size tent busted last summer). But ,hey, they were thrilled and willing to cram the 3 of them into it.

We roasted hotdogs and made smores and had a great time hanging out by the fire pit.

The girls fell asleep fast and were out for the night.

I, on the other hand, didn't sleep well thinking about them in the backyard.

By themselves.

I kept thinking that some wild animal (or person) would come and disturb their peaceful slumbering. And, since my bedroom is in the basement, I wouldn't be able to get to them in time to help them after hearing their faint calls for help from the backyard. There goes my over active imagination again. =/

I am so grateful (and relieved) that they had sweet dreams and no rabid animals attack them in the night.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Good times. It's things like this that make great childhood memories.

Kimberly said...

Ella looks so excited!

Arlene said...

I love their expressions - so fitting for each of their personalities. I agree with Shauna.

(And I would have been awake worrying, too!)

thejess's said...

Hey I came across your blog from other family members blogs!! Hope you don't mind! I have loved looking at your pics and your cute girls! They are getting so big I can't believe it!! Hope you guys are doing great! :)