Monday, June 21, 2010

I wasn't thinking

Photobucket

Usually I have the whole thing planned out ahead of time and I know exactly what I am going to do and how I am going to do it. But here it is the day before her birthday and I just realized that I need to make a cake today. =/ I asked her what kind of cake she wanted and she told me a My Little Pony cake (which really surprised me because she doesn't ever really even play with them). So I thought,ok easy enough. I should have just made a regular cake but I decided to make my own fondant frosting (which I have NEVER done before). I just randomly picked a frosting recipe and hoped that it would turn out good. With a little practice I think it would have been much better, but it had lots of cracks in it and lots of wrinkles. oh well. It was still fun to try.

I am thankful that little kids don't seem to mind the imperfections.

1 comment:

Arlene said...

I love it! Did their mouths turn green? You are so creative!