Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The life of this Lilac flower

Photobucket

Almost everyday now, when my kids come home from school they have a flower for me. I remind them not to pick other people's flowers, but they still can't resist the temptation. Yesterday I was worried, when she came home with a big armfull of these beautiful, fragrant flowers, that she had picked the bush clean. But,I am grateful, they were given to her by one of the neighbors. I woke up this morning to find them all wilty and ready to be thrown in the trash, bummer.....wish lilac's lasted longer.

3 comments:

Carolyn (Dragon) said...

that is a sad looking lilac. We grew them in our yard in Montana, and I loved to see them in bloom. I guess that's why we never had them in the house! We always took bunches of them to Wyoming to decorate the graves on memorial day. as sell as armfuls of Iris from the yard and bunches of gladiolas from Grandpa's farm and sweet peas,too.

Arlene said...

That's so sweet!

The picture is pretty, even though they are wilty. (I heard Martha say to put some sugar in cut flowers water - I tried it with some and they have lasted 3 weeks.)

Kimberly said...

Sugar? How much? I've never heard of that before.

I miss the lilac bushes we had in Hidey-ho.