Saturday, April 24, 2010

Run Forest! Run!

So this was it. This morning was the 5k and Fun Run for the school. Ella and Acadia had a good time running the fun-run. Acadia decided to run it last minute....so she ended up doing so in a skirt and flip flops. And Ella was just thrilled to have her best friend to run it with.

Photobucket

And all the participants recieved a ribbon.

Photobucket

Ashlyn and I ended up getting 2nd place in each of our age divisions. I was one proud mama! Not of what I got (ok I did think it was pretty cool) but how well Ashlyn did (I think that there was probably only 3 people running in my age division for me to get 2nd lol!) But She did SO good. She held back and stuck with me for probably half of the run and then I told her to go ahead......and she left me in the dust! She got the finish line 4 or 5 minutes before I did!

Photobucket

I am thankful that my kids were all proud of just running a race.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Way to go! Congratulations.

Kimberly said...

So proud of you guys! Way to go!

Arlene said...

Awesome! I love the picture of you and Ashlyn! Beautiful runners!

Carolyn (Dragon) said...

Great job, girls!