Monday, December 15, 2008

Day 348



There are so many things going on right now, so many things that need to be made, so many things that need to be bought, so many things that need to be done, so many things to get ready for, so many days with outta control children, and so many memories of my dad right now. Tonight, after I took a minute to do FHE with the girls (Weston had to work late again) the weight of everything all came crashing down on me as I sat at the kitchen table finishing up what we had been working on....and the tears started falling. I looked up and this is what I saw. This picture was a gift to me after my father died and in a sense it is a blessing to me. I look at it all the time, but it never really stands out to me unless it is at a time like this when I am overburdened or feeling down and then I seem drawn to it. I love the reminder that it gives me that Jesus suffered and felt everything that we have to endure...all the sorrows and the burdens that we have to carry. I am grateful for this beautiful reminder.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

What a beautiful picture. I could use one of those in my home -- especially right now.

Arlene said...

Thanks for sharing this.