Friday, November 14, 2008

Day 317

Well, we got a letter in the mail today from the school district saying that they wanted Ashlyn to be tested to see if she could get into a 'Spectrum' school.' (school for the gifted) I knew she was smart....a lot smarter than I was at her age. I was excited, but nervous for her. I told her about it and she said no right away. I wasn't about to force her to do something that she didn't want to do, but we talked about it and Weston talked with her and she talked to her cousin (who is in a spectrum school) and she started to like the idea a little bit better. So she has decided to be tested for it (but it is not until February). I am happy with her decision...but Ella started crying when she found out that her sister wouldn't be at school with her (they have the same recess right now and I think it helps Ella make it through her day seeing her).
I am grateful that Ashlyn has this chance to expand her knowledge even further.

4 comments:

Arlene said...

That's so neat! I feel sad for Ella, but maybe by then it will be easier for her.

Kimberly said...

Awesome! I hope she gets in! (But, I am sad about Ella).

Carolyn (Dragon) said...

That is great! I'm sorry it made Ella so sad. If your school system is anything like ours, if she gets in she won't start until next year.

AZ Hey-mon said...

That is great. Is the gifted school K-6? Are there any mainstream classes there?