Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Day 307

The school district participates in the Relfections Program. The children submit things that they have created (stories, pictures, art projects, videos, etc.) and then they are judged and then if they win I think they go on to a state level and then a national level. Ashlyn has wanted to enter something every year, but never put forth the effort to make something for it. This year she got it done in time. She entered a photograph. I tried really hard not to influence what she took pictures of or which one she chose to enter in the contest....I just showed her how to work my camera and away she went. I am proud of her and what she came up with.
I am grateful for what 'WOW's' my children. (wow is the theme this year for the program)

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

That photo is WOW! Great job, Ashlyn!

Carolyn (Dragon) said...

WOW! That's a great picture. Unbelievable that my 9 year old gd took it! She is a talented photographer! WOW! WOW! (double wow)

Arlene said...

Oh, I hope she is the state winner (then national)! That's such an awesome picture. Way to go Ashlyn!!! When do you get the results? Ours was yesterday.

Carolyn (Dragon) said...

Keep us posted on her progress! What's the theme of BYU's photo contest this year?