Sunday, September 14, 2008

Day 256

We had another great day at Bear Lake. The kids went swimming in the pool this morning and then after lunch we all rented a boat and, boy oh boy, was it fun! I thought that it was funny that a tractor pulls the boat out into the water and as I am busy taking pictures, the older kids claim their spots at the front of the boat. It was pure joy on their faces as we got out in the water and went cruising along. We drove around for a while (try not to be too rough so Rod wouldn't feel any sicker) and then we stopped for a break and I opted to dive in. Now this is a miracle for me because if the water is not in the 80's I usually stay out! I think the water was probably in the 50/60 range. It was SO cold, but I had a blast jumping in more than once...go me! The kids joined in and so did Holly. We even dipped Acadia in the water ( in the picture you can see how clear the water is....the water is up to her knees). It was so much fun and I am amazed again at how blue the water is there ( they say that it is from the limestone(?) deposits that are in the water). After our time is, unfortunately, over with the boat we spend the rest of the afternoon at the beach playing, collecting more shells, and reading (one of my favorite things to do on a beach). We had to leave that evening but on our way out the moon was rising over the mountains and the reflection on the water was breathtaking. The picture of it doesn't do it justice. I am grateful that I was able to give my kids this experience today.

4 comments:

Carolyn (Dragon) said...

What a fun day you shared with Holly's family! Those days make such great memories.

Kimberly said...

Love the pictures. It sounds like you had an awesome weekend.

Arlene said...

How fun - great emotions you captured. Maybe we need a H reunion up there?! We are in withdrawal to see you guys!

Merry said...

I am want to go camping with you guys again. I have missed doing so much this summer! Next Year will be different!