Monday, April 21, 2008

Day 110


I was able to work on starting a new flower bed today and almost got it all done. I think the reason I was able to get so much done was because it seemed like Acadia slept most of the day. As it turned out she has had a mild fever and just doesn't seem to be feeling herself. At about 8pm she was getting worse and was breathing rapidly. I was holding her reading her a book when she had a fever induced seziure. It was different than her other seizures and it scared us, of course. We did some research and found that it is caused by a rapid rise in temperature and that it doesn't do any damage and the child returns to normal within an hour, but it also said that she is 30% more likely to have one again with other fevers. When she was recovered from it we put her in the tub, gave her Tylenol, and gave her cold drinks. We were able to bring her temp down a couple of degrees....and she is going to be sleeping in bed with me tonight. Thank goodness for Tylenol!

6 comments:

Carolyn (Dragon) said...

I am so sorry to hear that! Did you let her Dr. know? Hopefully she is feeling better today.

AZ Hey-mon said...

Wow, I am so sad for her. That is how I really know my kids are sick is when they sleep in, nap, or fall asleep really early.

Kimberly said...

How scary! I am glad she is doing better.

Merry said...

I'm so sorry. How did she do during the night?

Arlene said...

Poor Honey. :(

Where in your yard is this?

behka said...

Nothing like a good old fashioned siezure to strike fear in the heart of a parent. Hope she's ok.