Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Day 55

Today has been one of those days where I think I am fine and it has been a while since I have been really sad about Dad. Well, towards the end of the day I get an email from our old Bishop in MA.....he says his wife is in ICU with sepsis and has some kind of infection and they can't fingure out what is causing it. As soon as I read that, every sound, smell, feeling, sight, and every other memory of dad being in ICU comes flooding back in my mind. It is like the whole thing with dad all over again....lots of questions, no answers, and no idea what is causing it. Well, shortly after that I am helping Ashlyn with a project for school where we are going through pictures and then all of the sudden I come across a picture of dad's coffin and the pall bearers carrying it......I almost had a panic attack. It hit me so hard seeing that picture. And then I ran across the box of tic tacs. Mom gave these to the kids to help entertain them for the many hours that we spent in the ICU waiting room. Lets just say I had a good cry in the shower tonight. In a way I am grateful for all of these reminders......for one thing it helps me remember how precious life is and how we need to treasure every moment and make the most out of our time here on earth because we never know when we or our loved ones will be called back home.

2 comments:

Merry said...

Oh I am so sorry. I'm crying with you.

Carolyn (Dragon) said...

I thought I recognized those TicTacs. Cute picture of Noel.