Friday, February 8, 2008

Day 37

I was very surprised today to find 3 deer in my backyard around 8:00 this morning. I opened the blinds and there they were. I kept telling Ashlyn that I wanted to see some deer in our yard, so when I saw them I called for the girls to come and take a look. We all stood by the window just staring. The deer seemed trapped in my yard and I was temped to go and shoo them out the only big opening in the fence. One of them (which seemed to be the leader) jumped around the yard tyring to find a way out and trying to squeeze through a tiny opening in the corner of the fence several times. We watched them wander around the yard for 5 -10 minutes and I was starting to feel bad for them since it seemed they couldn't figure out how to get out. But, as it turns out, we were the reason they were not leaving the yard. They were staring at us through the window and as soon as we stepped away from it for a few mintues they went straight to the opening in the fence, which was kind of near the windows, and left.
Here is a picture of the 'leader' in action. She preferred to jump through the snow rather than walk, so it was fun trying to get an action picture of her even if it is a little blurry.

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

How fun for you guys!

Arlene said...

Oh deer...now you'll be checking all the time too! Cool pictures!

Carolyn (Dragon) said...

Fun! Glad the girls got to see them.

behka said...

Love the action shot. Deer in your yard! You and Arlene both! How fun.